Saturday, August 11, 2007

SDCC 2007: Ebay Watch

I didn't buy nearly as much stuff for myself as most con-goers, but I picked up a couple of goodies and out of sheer curiosity I wanted to see how they are fairing at the 'bay right now. I think all 4 items are now sold out. Not shown are the 3 art prints I bought.


Gentle Giant Glorfindel Bust
LE: 500
MSRP: $50
Ebay: $115-120 (35 auctions)

Probably the hardest to get of the four, by virtue of small edition size and the crappy GG line situation.


Weta Mini-Manmelter Raygun
LE: 500
MSRP: $30
Ebay: $65-70 (4 auctions)
These 4 are unsigned, a signed one went for about $80 recently . Had this pre-ordered, easy-peasy.
Mine is signed. Teehee.


Sideshow Stealth Iron Man Comiquette (Pre-Order)
LE: 1250
MSRP: $300
Ebay: $650-700 (8 auctions)
Ordered this for my brother. Despite the edition size, which is 500 more than what was rumored in San Diego, it is still pre-selling for more than double the MSRP. Crazy. For those that missed out on the red and gold version, I guess this is a slightly less expensive alternative. At the same time, it has light up features, which the other two do not. I wonder which I would choose if I had both...?

Gentle Giant Luna Lovegood Bust
LE: 1000
MSRP: $50
Ebay: $75-80 (40 auctions)
I got this for my sister-in-law, after trying frantically to reach my brother (since I was lucky enough to get into the line, I figured it was better to buy it than not). Of the items listed, this is the only one I'm getting rid of so far. I really don't have any other GG Harry Potter items (she has the new Harry and Cho), though I must admit that they are tempting. I was really eyeballing that large-scale Voldemort with the fabricated um, gown, but the Harry was a no-go.
So that's it. I really only bought one bust, one gun, and three prints. That's some restraint, eh?
Update on the Raygun as of 8/18, I just saw one on Ebay that sold for over $100, unsigned. Impressive gains on a $30 item...the others seem to be levelling off a bit.

No comments: