Thursday, April 12, 2007

Whimsic Alley

So I finally got to go to Whimsic Alley in Santa Monica (thanks to cco805). The last time I tried, they were closed. On a Tuesday. I suggest checking their website for hours before going across town, they do seem to keep it updated. Though the store is pretty much devoted to Harry Potter, there is a selection of other fantasy products (fairies, Lord of the Rings, Narnia). Each section of the store has a different name to reflect the product you might find there.




"Habber & Dasher" carries many of the licensed costume items, like the hats above, as well as clothing that appears to be made especially for them. The robes and house sweaters have the name and location of the store on the tags. Sweaters are a reasonable $35, but the adult robes are in the $120 range. However, they are fully lined and feature a wand pocket. You can also pick up a matching tie or scarf to complete your outfit.

"Phoenix Wands" is definitely reminiscent of Ollivander's and also has a few swords and walking sticks. They sell several different collections of wands, and they do look pretty good.



I tried on just about every size of sweater before deciding on the Gryffindor Style 2 in Small. They definitely run large, I almost bought the Youth Large instead, but the resulting fit is rated PG. :P It's folded up a bit in the pic, but it does have long sleeves and a v-neck. I already have a Harry Potter wand from Noble Collection as well as a tie, so I didn't need to buy one today. I'd also like to pick up a sweater in Slytherin colors as I have Snape's wand and a tie. The robe is quite spendy, so I might make my own instead.

Visit Whimsic Alley yourself at 2717-1/2 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA

1 comment:

luima said...

nice blog, congrats!!!