Sunday, April 29, 2007

300 Arrow

I recently learned that the 300 Spartan shield is rather limited, an appropriate edition size of 300. Silly me, I thought I could just pick this up later on down the line. Alas, it appears to be sold out everywhere and is going for upwards of $1000 on Ebay. Grr. I wouldn't even have sold it if I had one, but I would also not pay $1000 for it. :(

Since I couldn't have the shield, I let my brother buy me an Immortal's arrow. :D Since the box was kindof an odd shape, I declined a bag. The clerk seemed to think I was a dork to carry it around the mall like that, but I don't care. :P The packaging is pretty flimsy, and there's just a small rectangle of styrofoam to protect the arrowhead. The shaft and fletchings are left to fend for themselves.


I'm having a hard time not damaging the feathers (not sure if they're real). My arrow doesn't seem to be painted right, the darker coloring at the head does not extend all the way down the shaft but kinda stops about an inch or two above where it should. Maybe I'll be brave and paint it later. Also, the arrowhead, which is a separate piece, does not sit well on the shaft. I might have to putty it in. I do really like it, and I'm glad to have it, but it seems a bit pricey ($40) for an arrow, especially when the Immortal mask only cost me $30. Maybe I wouldn't mind as much if I could stick it in a shield...hmmm...

The store also had a set of the Immortal Swords in, but they were opened and sitting on top of the display case with what looks like their last mask. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had set them aside. I didn't even see a box or a price. Maybe that's a good thing. They had a small selection of other collector goodies as well, such as the Gentle Giant busts (including Strider).

No comments: