Saturday, April 28, 2007

Britannia

So I walked into this pub last Saturday...and stumbled out several hours later! My group of friends had the upstairs section to ourselves for a while, it's quite cozy and there's a pool table.

I can't say what the food is like, as I didn't eat anything other than Guinness. ;P After a Guinness, a Newcastle, 4 shots, and a Bacardi and Coke, it was no surprise to anyone that I found myself sitting on a beer keg (sorry to the sweet British guy who was trying to talk to me!), or that I closed out my personal tab at $60, including a shot on the house. My friends and I recommend the Britannia and Red-Headed Slut. Our waitress was awesome, and the horrid karaoke downstairs was much fodder for our amusement! Our designated driver, who remained completely sober, took many incriminating photos which I refuse to share! :P

Somehow, I managed to not only make it down the street, but up five flights of stairs to the car! Oh, and in the morning, I woke up without a hangover and went to work for the next eight hours. Oh the joys of being me! Hehe...

It was so much fun, but I suspect you will need to bring a rowdy group of friends, a lush like myself, and down enough booze to die of cirrhosis to have as much fun as we did!

Grab yourself a pint at Britannia Pub in Santa Monica:
http://www.britanniapub.com/

**btw, that's not us in the picture, I grabbed that off their website.

No comments: