Saturday, March 24, 2007

Smeagol Bust

I would be remiss if I blogged about meeting David Wenham, but not Andy Serkis. Andy was genuinely cool. I made a dumb joke, something about Ebay, which actually got a few laughs from the folks standing around. I felt like an idiot, but I couldn't stop it coming out me mouth!

It took me a long time to decide what to get signed, I really wanted to get the Gollum DVD exclusive signed because it's (inexplicably) a bit less common, and even thought about getting the Smeagol signed too (extra $35, ka-ching for Creation), to make a matching set. In the end, there was just no smooth surface on the base, and I don't have the big Gollum bust, so this one was it. As you can see, Andy figured out the right place to sign. :P It's a little off-center, but that's mainly due to the hand being in the way. It really is a well-done little piece, but it is a bit front-heavy and because there are so many of them, it doesn't get it's due. If the edition were, say, 1000, it would be more popular.

I didn't take this photo, I don't remember where I found it, but it's awesome, no? Hehe. My friend Dune and I got to see photos that Andy took with this little guy. It belongs to one of the attendees, looks like maybe the Rubies life-size? Anyway, I believe she brought it in for a photo-op and Andy was so taken with it, he asked for a few shots for his personal collection. There's an especially charming one where he is pushing the stroller, Dune dubbed it "Son of Gollum." Alas, since the photos were just for Andy's benefit, I don't have any to show you, you'll have to use your imagination. :)

No comments: