Thursday, March 29, 2007

Immortal Mask

So I'm pretty much a sucker for anything remotely cool and collectible.

After seeing the movie for the second time, I wandered into a Suncoast and saw this mask. I wanted it, but I thought I might find it for less online. I hemmed and hawed for about two weeks, but I finally made a special trip to the mall and got it today.

I'm pretty happy with it, though if I'd paid more than $30, I might have been a bit less so. The mesh-y fabric presses right up against my eyes since there's not enough padding. Or at least not enough for my flat face. I believe it's made of fiberglass, and it's quite sturdy. There are two elastic strips which cross in the back, so it fits snugly.

I was afraid that I would want to buy the Spartan helmet if they had it, I didn't want to spend another $60. Fortunately, or unfortunately, they were sold out. They also had the arrow, which I hadn't seen before, for $40. I exerted great willpower this time, but in two weeks...

I creeped myself out a bit when I tried it on in the mirror. Yeah, I did.

No comments: