Saturday, March 3, 2007

Feeling Blue

Not that anyone should notice, but I've been away for most of the last few days with a miserable cold and flu thingamajig. Check out my awesome arsenal of drugs and stuff:



I've sucked down at least 2 bags of cough drops in 4 days. I drank half a bottle of Nyquil, and some of that yucky stuff in the bottle there. Someone recommended the Sudafed 24, which I had to get from the pharmacist. It might be working, but since the flu has run it's course anyway, maybe not.

Missing from the pic is the smell-a-riffic Salon Pas. For those not familiar, it's a patch of what appears to be medical tape infused with what smells like menthol, or camphor, or eucalyptus (?). I think you're supposed to use it for sore muscles, but my mom always stuck it on my forehead when I had a cold. Then, once you peel it off, you have a sticky rectangle on your skin, and possibly some red wrinkly lines. No, I'm not posting a picture of that.

Given my miserable state, I'm surprised my mom didn't force me to undergo one of her medicinal back rubs. Sounds pleasant, but it's not. First, she rubs on some smelly oils (or Tiger Balm) from neck to tailbone. Then, wielding a spoon or coin, she proceeds to scrape my skin until it turns red. In the mirror, it's like a big red skeleton on my back. Top it off with more oil or balm and when you lay down, the skin simultaneously feels cold and as if it were on fire.

I also sent my brother for chicken soup and Diet Coke (for the massive headache which I was sure was induced by lack of caffeine). He returned 6 hours later. I'm actually surprised he came back with anything at all. Progresso chicken soup is pretty yum.

I expect to be back in fighting form for ORC next weekend, until then, I'll be in bed. :P

No comments: