Monday, May 25, 2009

To Boldly Go...

So did you see "Star Trek?" I did. I must say, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I think it's the best movie so far this "summer." The new cast was pretty much spot-on. Eomer as "Bones" McCoy? Heck yeah! Of course, no big splashy summer movie comes without major marketing, and that includes the toys...

Enter Playmates. They've put out a line of action figures in no less than 3 scales. Not only that, but you can get yourself an Enterprise model, a bridge playset, or...dare I say it...a communicator replica! I haven't bought any of these, and I can't say I've even had a good look at them, but the figures I saw in stores recently looked a little cheesy. Then again, Trek is a little cheesy.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Actually, the 3 3/4 inch figures aren't bad. They aren't great, but they are better than I expected. The movie, of course, was fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with this, now that they can do pretty much anything they want.