Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Blue Fairy


I bought this on ebay a little while ago. If I understand correctly, this pin was given out to participants chosen to perform in a parade at Disneyland. A larger version was sold in the stores. I don't really collect Disney pins, I have one that was a gift and one I bought on impulse this past Christmas, but I thought if I should have one, this would be it.

The Blue Fairy from Pinocchio was the inspiration for my well-known online moniker. I have a dress somewhat like this one which I once wore whilst shopping in old town Pasadena (granted, we just had dinner at the Ritz). Maybe you saw me? Anyway, everyone thought I was Cinderella, but I decided I liked how blue fairy rhymed with Mary and here you go!

I think I'll dig out my old blue fairy tote bag and pin it on for my official marybluefairy outings.

No comments: